[news] Plastic chips and OLEDs

Handruin

Administrator
mubs said:
It's called the seduction room. Eastman Kodak Co. (EK ) uses it to woo visitors with the vivid colors that light up new-breed video screens. They're made from organic light-emitting diodes, or OLEDs. And in the room's side-by-side comparisons with ordinary liquid-crystal displays (LCDS), the difference is impressive: Colors are more vibrant, resolution is crisper, and the OLED screens can be viewed from farther off to the sides without visual loss.

Link Source

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
If they can get this stuff right, it'll be super-awesome.

I'm also waiting for persistent digital paper.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I read about this mid-summer last year, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of this technology in the computer-screen world. Imagine the quality improvements, power savings, and the reduction of screen thickness. From what I've read, Kodak is already using this technology for some camera displays.

Platform

Learning Storage Performance

LED-based display technologies have been kicking around since the early '80s.

The old LED versus LCD war ended aeons ago with LCD the victor, but it seems that every once in a while LED rares up its head again to do battle.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I believe that the problem with standard LEDs is that they are too big. Liquid crystals can be manipulated at the molecular level.