problem No way to immediately empty the spam folder's contents in Yahoo Mail

apairofpcs

Learning Storage Performance
It appears that Yahoo Mail is trying to make us miserable with their spam feature.. They refuse to offer subscribers the option of immediately emptying the contents of the spam folder. The choices are "Once a week", "Every two weeks" or "Once a month." Other email providers like Verizon's Webmail make life easier on us. I find myself manually deleting spam all day long on Yahoo Mail.

Does anybody know of a way to immediately empty the spam folder's contents, by means of some backdoor command line?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If you have ever paid for a Yahoo Mail account, even if you don't pay any longer, a flag gets set on your account that gives you access to a bunch of things that make Yahoo webmail barely tolerable, like POP3 access, mail forwarding and the ability to set the spam folder to auto-delete. I haven't paid for my account in years but I have those capabilities on my account, and getting them was justification for paying for the account at one time.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I always inspect mail in the spam folder first, because there sometimes will be false positives sitting there. Then I manually empty the spam folder by clicking on the trash can icon next to it. Do this almost everyday. I don;t find this to be a chore to do.

apairofpcs

If you have ever paid for a Yahoo Mail account, even if you don't pay any longer, a flag gets set on your account that gives you access to a bunch of things that make Yahoo webmail barely tolerable, like POP3 access, mail forwarding and the ability to set the spam folder to auto-delete. I haven't paid for my account in years but I have those capabilities on my account, and getting them was justification for paying for the account at one time.
I'm having a psychological problem dealing with this issue. I can't help believing that a FREE email account should remain FREE.

What makes this issue less stressful is that my Yahoo account is a secondary account. The number of emails I get considered SPAM is 99.00% of the total emails I get. Most emails that squeak into the Inbox are SPAM-like anyway, from senders with whom I've never had contact. From now on, I'll ignore anything I see other than those in the Inbox.

apairofpcs

I always inspect mail in the spam folder first, because there sometimes will be false positives sitting there. Then I manually empty the spam folder by clicking on the trash can icon next to it. Do this almost everyday. I don't find this to be a chore to do.
I like the way you think. There have been times when I took a peek at the spam emails, only to find emails that might interest me. I do one better than you regarding manual deletes. I do this everyday.....100 times a day if necessary. For an OCD victim such as myself, this will NEVER be a chore. I don't have OCD, but I sure am "excessively" meticulous in everything I do with my pcs. I'll be peeking at the spam folder contents from now on. Maybe I'll find that I've been chosen for a $100,000,000 winning in some international contest.,,,,

apairofpcs

I don't have OCD, I have CDO. Which is similar but in alphabetical order, as it should be.
Holy moly, man. I thought I was messed up with OCD, but you're even more messy! Compulsive Disorder Obsessive is a serious condition. People like you can be seen walking the streets aimlessly all day long, reciting our 26 letter alphabet. Be good, Howell.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
As a point of order, Yahoo free mail accounts have neither POP access nor the ability to forward mail outside Yahoo without having a for-pay account.

apairofpcs

As a point of order, Yahoo free mail accounts have neither POP access nor the ability to forward mail outside Yahoo without having a for-pay account.
I found out these things about the FREE Yahoo account, when I tried to create a Yahoo account in Thunderbird and found no pop and smtp addresses to enter.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I like the way you think. There have been times when I took a peek at the spam emails, only to find emails that might interest me. I do one better than you regarding manual deletes. I do this everyday.....100 times a day if necessary. For an OCD victim such as myself, this will NEVER be a chore. I don't have OCD, but I sure am "excessively" meticulous in everything I do with my pcs. I'll be peeking at the spam folder contents from now on. Maybe I'll find that I've been chosen for a $100,000,000 winning in some international contest.,,,,

Sheesh, man, do you think I'm stupid? I never said I read every spam mail. I eyeball the sender column and if there's a genuine email, move that to the inbox. The rest get axed in one stroke.

So much for helping people. Nasty sarcasm is the result.

ddrueding

Fixture

Interesting. AFAIK, my wife has never paid for mail from them. The account is very old though (1998?), could that have something to do with it?

apairofpcs

Interesting. AFAIK, my wife has never paid for mail from them. The account is very old though (1998?), could that have something to do with it?
I forgot to mention that I get so angry when Yahoo makes changes to their mail service, and doesn't give us the chance to keep the old, functional and user friendly version. I wish I could return to Yahoo Mail Classic. When somebody offers something for FREE, it's never entirely for FREE. Yahoo Mail is a prime example of this. A buddy in Chicago is having a hard time with the latest version of Yahoo Mail on his iPhone. It's becoming a burden for him to write me emails on the go.