Northwest US rendezvous!?

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Now that the plane tickets are purchased, It is official that Dozer and I will be vacationing in Seattle Oct 11-15. If anyone in the area is game for a meeting speak up. I was thinking about breakfast one morning or something like that.

Also we need advice on places to camp in the area. We will spend one or two nights somewhere outside but we need suggestions on where. Someplace memorable would be nice but I'm not ready to sleep on top of Mt. Rainer. Or am I?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
It might be possible for me to come out and see you guys...I won't know for sure until closer to that date. If you can, PM me your itinerary and maybe we can hook up.

Are you planning on staying in Seattle itself or in the suburbs outside? I live either 30 minutes or 4 hours south of Seattle depending on the time of day. (Yes, road traffic is that bad)

I don't have any recommendations for touristy things or campgrounds, I'm afraid. I would recommend reading up on those things via books or the web. I can mention that our summer usually lasts from July 5th to September 1st. It is now back to being grey and rainy by the looks of it. There's always a chance of getting short periods of nice weather in the fall and winter, however, I hope you guys can get lucky in that regard.

--Steve

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Here in Brisbane, Summer usually lasts from September through May. Autumn is June to July, then we have a brief Spring in August. Instead of Winter, we get a special season called 'purgatory', that lasts from about December to February.

It's roughest on the plants. They never know when it's really Autumn or Spring. This year we hit 30C (86F) in August (which is supposed to be, strictly theoretically, Winter).

Last Summer, everyone I know that didn't already have at least one air conditioner, cracked and bought one. If global warming continues, this will be one undesirable residence. :(

Groltz

Groltz said:
I can mention that our summer usually lasts from July 5th to September 1st.

To my Australian friends:

That was my sarcastic way of saying that the temperamental local weather often befouls two of our summertime national holidays---July 4th; Independence Day and Labor Day; the first Monday in September.

True to form, we had a downpour on July 4th this year but it stopped before evening came and the fireworks started. Labor day had just a few sprinkles.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Dozer said:
What are your average temps this time of year?

From my experience in Seattle and Tacoma, there are no average temps this time of year. It can be 75 one day, 40 that night, and then 60 and raining buckets the next day. It is beautiful.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I'd visit with you because Salem is also considered part of the Northwest, but unfortunately Seattle is a good 4-5 hours away and that is just too much.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
P5-133XL said:
I'd visit with you because Salem is also considered part of the Northwest, but unfortunately Seattle is a good 4-5 hours away and that is just too much.

Sentiment noted Mark. It's too bad too. Groltz is going to be teaching us the Puyallup Yeti call.

Groltz

Cliptin said:
Groltz is going to be teaching us the Puyallup Yeti call.

You'd have a better chance of seeing one down where Mark is than here.

By the way, have you seen the hoax picture that some guy took of a "Bigfoot" over by Mt. Rainier?
http://www.geocities.com/tomkinson99/hoaxes/hoaxes.html

I hope this picture doesn't make Tea act funny.
ccphoto.jpg

.Nut

Learning Storage Performance
Tea said:
Groltz said:
I can mention that our summer usually lasts from July 5th to September 1st.

Here in Ballarat, summer usually lasts from the 25th January to February the 4th.

Hmmm... my summer ususally lasts from early February to the end of November. Here, under the sweaty palms of Houston Texas, it's usually somewhere around 30°C with a relative humility of 70%.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
... and in Houston, when your airplane lands, you're literally descending into a green fog.

I kid you not. I've seen pictures.

.Nut

Green fog ???

The only time I've ever seen green fog around here was once after I drank some Mezcal -- and the worm too.

Mercutio

Gary, look out the window of an airplane next time you land in Houston. You'll see, as you descend, the air gradually change color.

Mercutio

I've never been on a plane, myself. Everywhere I've wanted to go, I've gotten in a car.

My father, however, complains about air quality nonstop any time he has to go to Houston. He's got a set of pictures he took from one flight demonstrating the green air phenomenon.

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
I've never been on a plane, myself. Everywhere I've wanted to go, I've gotten in a car.

My father, however, complains about air quality nonstop any time he has to go to Houston. He's got a set of pictures he took from one flight demonstrating the green air phenomenon.

Too many people eating steak and beans.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
The photos probably have a processing lab color correction error. On the other hand, I choose to believe that normal smog is brown based on the poor people creating it. The green smog come as an evaporate from all the green money based in Houston.

Explorer

Mercutio said:
Gary, look out the window of an airplane next time you land in Houston...

I have hundreds of times (not an exaggeration), including both major local jetports Intercontinental (IAH) and Hobby (HOU).

As for haze, I've seen plenty of grey haze and various amounts of brown smog (east side of town), but never green clouds. However, I could easily imagine a grey translucent haze/fog looking green-ish from above because of the canopy of dark green semi-tropical jungle below.