Now that I am Sony free, what DVD media for the NEC burners?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
Thanks to Mercutio, I traded in my single Sony burner for a couple NEC 3520's. They seem to burn Memorex DVD-R's that my sony wouldn't, and overall seem to be much more media forgiving. What are your favorite single layer DVD-R disks for the NEC burners?

Thanks

s

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
Sam's Club is selling 100 packs of 16x +R Verbatims for $31. They are really great disks.

Those also happen to be available on their website.

Unfortunately it's an extra $8.78 (and $6.51 for shipping, for me). I'm not sure it's such a good deal these days. What's the average price on a DVD-/+R these days?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Spock: "Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors. 'Double dumb-ass on you,' and so forth."
Kirk: "Oh, you mean the profanity?"
Spock: "Yes."
Kirk: "Well that's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word."

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
(Sorry, those quotes just popped into my head.)

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Unfortunately I'm a member of Costco, and they don't carry Verbatim at all; just some slow fuddy-duddy TDK. Can barely justify the Costco membership, paying for Sam's membership is out of the question.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
(And no, I'm not criticizing anyone. And yes, I often do worry that someone will take some random comment of mine in a negative fashion when it's not meant to be. And yes, this statement probably would have been better off in a different discussion, but I would like to state here once and for all that I value freedom of speech, second only to my valuing the responsibility to be fair. Which is why I personally have no problem with someone writing whatever they want here at StorageForum, so long as they are fair, and so long as they understand that this is Handy's sandbox, and as a result, he makes the ultimate decision as to what can be posted or not. But when it comes to my opinion, I have the option to either a) shut the hell up and not read it, or b) argue - subtly or overtly - against whatever it is that I'm finding unfair. And this would not be one of those times. That is all. As you were. :salut: :) )

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
mubs said:
Unfortunately I'm a member of Costco, and they don't carry Verbatim at all; just some slow fuddy-duddy TDK. Can barely justify the Costco membership, paying for Sam's membership is out of the question.

I didn't realize even the Sam's Club website required a membership.

I also just realized that the ones they have on their website are only 8x. So that's definitely not as good a deal as at the store (or at least the store Mercutio can make it to ... they say prices can vary depending on the location).

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hmmm. From what I've been able to gather, Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the way to go. Fuji=Taiyo Yuden DVD-R, so either should work well. Guess Sony is ok, but around here, I can't find any of em, so they are out.

Check and make sure they say "made in Japan?"

Thanks

gs