P4 HSF: which is the better out of Spark7/Vantec Aeroflow?

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
I'm moving back to Intel... after having been an Athlon user for the last 4 years, I'm not up to date with the P4 coolers.

I've got myself a P4 2.4C with the plan to overclock it to 3GHz and want to spend about AU$50 on a HSF. as best as I can figure , these are my best options:

Vantec Aeroflow P4 (4500rpm fan)
Thermaltake P4 Spark 7
Standard Intel supplied HSF

which would generally be considered the best cooler for my intended purposes? are there any other close to the AU$50 mark that I should consider?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Re: P4 HSF: which is the better out of Spark7/Vantec Aeroflo

I'm not familiar with the HSF's you mentioned Jake.

The three best P4 HSF's out there, in descending order are:

Thermalright SLK900(U)
Thermalright SLK800(U)
Zalman CNPS7000-Cu

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
The Intel supplied heat sinks work extremely well. If I were you I would use it and put my money into an 80mm fan with adapter instead.

honold

Storage is cool
stock hsf is very good

i use an alpha 8942 w/a panaflo medium output for overclocking my northwood 1.8a to 2.4ghz (not too crazy)

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
thanks for the replies guys.

I'm aware that the SLK800 & 900 and Zalman CNPS7000-Cu are the best P4 HSFs but they are well above my $50 target spend and I don't really need them to hit 3GHz. I'm trying to show some restraint after spending a truck load of money this month.

the stock HS with my 80mm SmartFan II sound like a goer. I understaood though that nomal fan adaptors don't fit the Intel HS. is this true?