Partition expansion.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
We have an old computer with a 3Ware 8506 Raid card in it and two 400GB hard drives in RAID-0. It's running XP.

The 400GB drives were full so I replaced them one at a time with 1.5TB hard drives, letting them rebuild before installing the second drive.

The plan was to use Acronis Disk Directer to make the partition larger when everything was done. But, Acronis does not see any free space after the original 400GB patition. Neither does Acronis Server 10 or Partition Wizard.

Where did I screw up?

Stereodude

Not really a
Where did I screw up?
Somewhere around 3ware. ;) j/k...

I'll assume you meant RAID-1, not 0.

Is there a reason you didn't just plug in the two new 1.5TB HD's create a new 1.5TB RAID-1 array and just clone over the 400GB "drive" to the 1.5TB "drive"?

Your method won't work because the RAID card only exposes a 400GB volume to the system regardless of how large the underlying drives are. As such no utility is going to see any room for growth. A few RAID cards will let you expand the array via the process you used with the extra step added to the end of using their proprietary utilities to grow it, but I have no idea if the 8506 is one of them.

Assuming that can't be done, basically you need to create a new array with the 1.5TB drives and clone over the data from the old array. You may be able to plug in one of the old 400GB drives and have the 8506 see it as a degraded array which would let you clone it to your new 1.5TB RAID-1 array. Otherwise you need to make a disk image your 400GB "drive" to another HDD and then restore that disk image to the newly created 1.5TB RAID-1 array.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
If it is only 400GB I'd just copy it off somewhere and back to a newly created array.