password protected webpage

Adcadet

Storage Freak
hey crew,
a group from school asked me to work on their webpage today. They would like to be able to post their clinic schedule anong with contact info behind a password so the general public can't get access to it (easily). Does anybody have a simple way of doing this?

Thanks,
Adcadet

Handruin

Administrator

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
If pockets were deep and the situation called for it (sounds like neither are the case for Adcadet), I'd suggest something enterprise-class like SiteMinder. That's what we use, and I manage, here at work. Very nice policy-based tool.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Who hosts the site? If it is an outside company like pair, you should be able to password protect a folder through the admin GUI without any special software.

Handruin

Administrator
Most online hosting companies do have a web based method to create protected pages. These online scripts will do the manual commands that I linked to. If you're interested in learning how to setup password protected pages, then view my links. :) Otherwise, do as Buck mentioned and try to use the hosting providers control panel.

You might also want to browse through www.hotscripts.com for schedule management tools. They may already have something you're looking for written in something like PHP/Perl/etc...that is free.