Photokina 2019 been cancelled

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Via canonrumers... Photokina 2019 scheduled for May has been cancelled, show to return annually May 2020.

Interesting. CaNikon can now delay future MILC's a bit longer. Maybe.

EDIT. Doh. Can a mod move this into DSLR thread. THXs.

I'm surprised that it exists at all. The vast majority of purchases are now sight unseen due to the destruction of the B-M stores. Every press release is regurgitated 1000x online in milliseconds.
Even years ago those shows were more useful for the smaller companies that really needed promotional exposure compared to the CNOPM (big five) that paid for multipage ads everywhere.

LunarMist

I'm more interested to see if the Powershot G7x Mk III will be introduced at CES like rumored.

I hope it is better. The G7x Mk II looks awful and has no viewfinder. Is there some reason you don't buy a Sony?

Stereodude

Not really a
If there a VF or is that a clip-on option? I suppose no VF is fine for people with young/strong arms. How people hold the camera with one hand and shade the VF from the sun with the other is beyond me.
No idea. I didn't have a viewfinder on my S90 or the RX-100 Mk2 and haven't had any issues or considered it to be a problem.

Stereodude

Not really a
7 Months later, but the G7 X Mark III supposedly going to be announced on 7/10 along with the G5 X Mark II. The G7 X Mark III is supposed to be $749 and the G5 X Mark II is supposed to be $899.
So they arrived last night. They have uncropped 4k video, but the quality is terrible. The footage is really soft. It looks like 720p that's been scaled up (not that well either).

LunarMist

It's probably using yet another of those 1" Sony sensors. Is there some reason you want a Canon over a Sony or others?

Stereodude

Not really a
It's probably using yet another of those 1" Sony sensors. Is there some reason you want a Canon over a Sony or others?
Yes, it has a stacked Sony sensor. I think the Sony RX100 Mk VI is too expensive, and I'm not real keen on the lens zoom range and resulting apertures. The RX100 Mk VA is also pricey, and is a bit short on zoom. I was hoping the G7X Mk III would be the camera I was looking for with a lens between the two and a lower price. It seems like the video performance on the G7X Mk III is going to be wanting. I'm a bit hung up on spending $750 on a pocket camera that has weak video.

Maybe the RX100 Mk VII that's expected to drop on the 17th will be interesting. I shudder to think of the price though.

LunarMist

Look at Olympics. You can put together a really nice system for a good price and it is much better than P/S.

Stereodude

Not really a
Look at Olympics. You can put together a really nice system for a good price and it is much better than P/S.
I'll presume you meant Olympus. What model are you thinking of? System sounds like detachable lenses which means it's not going to fit in a pocket.