Quad channel SLC USB Flash Drives

Stereodude

Not really a
So Buffalo makes these killer quad channel SLC USB flash drives. Unfortunately due to legal action they no longer sell any flash drives in the US. :(

European Link (English), Japanese Product Link (Translated to English)

I've bought one of their 4GB dual channel SLC drives before they bailed the US market, and it flat out rocks!

It looks like it might be possible to order the Buffalo drives out of Japan or Europe, but the 16 gig drive is ~$300US. :eek: The 8GB is around $120.

Are there any other manufacturers out there selling these crazy fast quad channel SLC USB drives? I haven't seen any. :(

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Buffalo just got over the legal action that prevented them from selling 802.11 devices in the US. I suspect someone has it out for the company as a whole.

Stereodude

Not really a
Sandisk is to blame for Buffalo bailing the US market. link

Of course Sandisk sued everyone, not just Buffalo. Apparently Buffalo reacted differently.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Sandisk is to blame for Buffalo bailing the US market. link

Of course Sandisk sued everyone, not just Buffalo. Apparently Buffalo reacted differently.

Apparently Samsung is interested in acquiring Sandisk. USB flash drives are way too low in capacity. 6Gb/s SSD SATA drives should come around by year's end.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
USB 2.0 storage is still not very fast, or are you speaking of future 3.0 devices?

Stereodude

Not really a
USB 2.0 storage is still not very fast, or are you speaking of future 3.0 devices?
Me?

I'm talking about USB 2.0 flash drives. The things you put in your pocket and carry files on. Most of the newer high capacity drives are very slow with small files. These Buffalo USB drives aren't.