Quake 4 version 1.2

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Well, Quake is finally Dual processor, and hyper threading aware.
"Hyper-Threading Technology:

From 1.2 read me:

This update enables QUAKE 4 to take advantage of the Hyper-Threading Technology of Intel(r) Dual core processors. Players who have computer systems with this processor will notice significant performance gains in QUAKE 4. With the update, systems with a single core processor which uses the Hyper-Threading Technology will have a performance jump of up to 25% compared to non Hyper-Threaded processors. Dual core processors with Hyper-Threading Technology will see a performance increase of up to 87%. In short, systems with this technology will see the game run much faster than ever before."

It does seem quite a bit faster on the Xeons, in fact, very playable, even at Super High Quality. Still, the difference isn't worth the frame rate from that, and high quality.

I finally beat this game in Private mode, but their is one hallway I had to play an entire level over to get through. :roll:

I like this game. It's well thought out, and as first person shooters go, a bit of fun. I used the Athlon 3200 running 2003 Server to run it, and, it was a lot of fun.

Graphiics are very nice.

Greg

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Santilli said:
Well, Quake is finally Dual processor, and hyper threading aware.

Hyperthreading / Dual Processor patches have been available since December '05 when they started beta-testing v1.05b

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Santilli said:
Well, Quake is finally Dual processor, and hyper threading aware. I like this game. I used the Athlon 3200 running 2003 Server to run it, and, it was a lot of fun.

Hmmmm .... One assumes that the hyper-threading on the A64 was ... er .... not exactly active?

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
PS: note the above post carefully. Tannin, yes, me, posting in a gaming thread. Enjoy it while you can, 'cause it's probably the only one you will see for quite a while.

Oh, and it took me past Tea's post-count once again. :wink:

Sol

Storage is cool
I was pretty much over quake 4 when I finished it the first time but it's nice to know that ID are keeping the engine up to date. It bodes well for the new Enemy Territory game (Quake Wars) coming out which should be a lot of fun.