Rain and flood

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
My wife is infatuated with California. I don't really see the appeal of it. Sure the weather is nice (in parts), but the amount of negatives you have to put up with for that nice weather far outweighs the nice weather.

Really needs to be split into three states, or two states and another part of Mexico. It totally sucks having the Constitution destroyed by the Southern part of the state, which is already really a part of Mexico. Bringing Mexico's ideas here will work as well as they do in Mexico. As for nice weather see thread on Wind Chill...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
If you live down there, you know it's coming...

There are already places certain ethnic groups can't go, unless they have a death wish. With the cartel connections, come the gangs. They have cars...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I think the whole United States should be dissolved. At the very least the Jesusland sisterfuckers need to be separated from the rest, but I think there's a compelling argument to be made for smaller regional nations rather than the enormous collective we currently have; the needs of New Mexico are seldom well served by governance by individuals from, say, Alabama.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Looks like the Labor party got absolutely destroyed in the Qld elections.

"Labor was last night reduced to between six and eight seats in the 89-seat Queensland Parliament in a debilitating defeat."

Of course prob more resentment in the electorate than just the flooding issue but what a loss.

I wouldn't normally care but potentially this would mean Abbott taking the reins come federal election time....

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Looks like the Labor party got absolutely destroyed in the Qld elections.

"Labor was last night reduced to between six and eight seats in the 89-seat Queensland Parliament in a debilitating defeat."

Of course prob more resentment in the electorate than just the flooding issue but what a loss.

I wouldn't normally care but potentially this would mean Abbott taking the reins come federal election time....
A lot of speculation also hints that it was the people not being happy with the federal Labor party that caused so much grief the Labor party at the state level...

I was hoping that Katter's Australia Party (KAP) got more seats than QLD ALP, but alas that didn't happen... (For those that don't know, KAP has only been around a year or two as a political party, and has a lot of support in rural areas).

For those interested here are the official numbers: http://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/elections/state/state2012/results/summary.html

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah, it's pretty clear that at least half the voters who deserted the ALP went to KAP. Despite denials, my belief is that their 'brand' is well and truly trashed. I'm now expecting a bloodbath at the upcoming Brisbane City Council elections.

For our American cousins, the result we're talking about is analogous to the Democrats being reduced to 40 seats in Congress!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
You guys have always had the good fortune to have a number of different, viable parties. We basically don't. At this point I think there are several compelling arguments could be made that the US has only one national party.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Different yes, but viable - extremely debatable.

Despite having numerous political parties, we really have 3 main parties, Liberals (LNP), Labor (ALP) and the Greens (GRN), with the latter siding with Labor the majority of the time. There are many fringe parties, like "One Nation", "Family First", "Katter's Australia Party", but they rarely get enough power (or even enough votes to hold a seat in parliament) to make a difference. We do however have a strong Independent Politician contingent whom don't subscribe to a major party, but stand up for their local area and self-beliefs, and they are ones who seem to cause the main problems at both state and federal level. (For example, the current federal government is only in power due to some Independents siding with them, over the opposition, at the last election).

Mind you some of the favourites for mockery, is the Family First Party... ( http://www.qld-familyfirst.org.au/climate-change/ ) and One Nation ( http://www.onenation.com.au/ - severe apologies for the website).

I do apologise for those view expressed by the last two, they certainly do NOT represent the majority of Australians and their views.