REAL Data Security

Handruin

Administrator
That's a nifty device! I'd love to see benchmarks with, and without that unit in place. I'm curious as to how much of a performance hit the encryption process is. The unit is easily affordable too, which is nice.

fool

Learning Storage Performance
Interesting.
Can you still use two drives per channel with this thing in line?
and does anyone else sell them?

I'm toying with the idea of penalising vendors whose websites annoy me.
Seeing as I’m the sort who can get irritated by just about anything a flat out boycott would leave me with nowhere to shop. No, what I need is a weighting system.
Say that a site gave me two pop ups and, like the one Handruin linked to, used far to many exclamation marks, that site would have to be 12.5% cheaper (five for each pop up, two and a half for the !!!!!) for that product than anyone else.

Of course the next best vendor would probably have some other annoyance which would, in the interests of fairness, have to be taken into account.

So what I need is a tariff.
Pop ups
five percent each.
Pop unders
ten percent each.
Asking me to install flash6
ten percent.
unnecessary exclamation marks
two point five percent.
Use of the phrase "new paradigm" when clearly unjustified
five percent.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Ha! I never can tell if there are popups (or unders) anymore. I have Phoenix set to reject them -- so I never seem them! :D

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I never see any popups at compgeeks....and I'm using IE. Did you see some?

C

fool

No popups but,
"The device includes two keys, and any hard drive connected to this device can only be seen by the system when one of the keys is plugged into the front of the box! "

is that really so exciting they have to shout? I'm only surprised they haven't got the whole thing in caps.

Splash

Encryption acceleration hardware -- usually boards that plug into the expansion bus that require a system device driver -- have been around for some time. This one is pretty handy.