Recording many hours of video

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
What sort of equipment would be needed to record 10+ hours of video? I presume recording directly to PC would be most economical if not most handy. Super high quality is not mecessary.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I like Radeon AIWs. Need to borrow one?

I use SVHS VCRs with svideo outputs to help in the quality department.

Disk space could be as much or as little as you need. 5 - 10GB of disk space would serve you VERY well.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Based on the my web search, a good solution might be a color security camera and a PC. Sony claims $500 Sony memory stick camcorder we have will not recod directly to PC. Other suggestions?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I capture to a WD2000BB. It'll hold 11 hours plus of 720x480 DV. I have a camera but I can only capture while in VTR mode, so live capture that way is impossible.

Typically I use my Sony media converter which accepts both analogy and digital input. The converter is iLinked to a 1394 firewire card. I can record using it from TV, VCR or DVD up to 11 hours.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Sadly, It seems Sony does not know its own products. Once the project was transferred to me and I got to look at the camera, I notice the word "streaming" written down the side of the camera. Their website also meantions using it as a webcam out the USB port.

What are we doing with it?
I understand they will filming at a tube bender for later review to try and improve manufacturing efficiency.