Revive Filesystem

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
In a fit of stupidity, I deleted one of my partitions yesterday. It's not anything of grave importance -- nearly all of it can be restored from elsewhere -- but I'd like it back.

I was able to resurect the partition, but Windows does not recognise the filesystem, which is NTFS. The filesystem type is marked correctly, but Windows doesn't see the partition as formatted. Is there some way, other than exhorting Windows, to revive the files and filesystem that are still there?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
sechs-
I have a utility at home I used to recover my data. I think it was partition recovery or something. If you PM me your e-mail address I'll send it to you to try out when I get home.
C

Handruin

Administrator
I've seen good results with Get Data Back. I'm not sure if it will fix your partition, but it could help you to get the data so that you can rebuild the partition.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I used R-Studio to recover some of the data which I do not have backed-up somewhere. I have an older version, however, that's a bit quirky.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
It's not really solved, as I still can't get Windows to recognise the file system... I've just been able to retreive some of the files from the disk.