Screws

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Yup, screws. I can't find anyone who sells a decent collection of computer-related screws anywhere. Case screws, hard drive screws, PCB stand-off screws, and those narrow CD-ROM (etc) screws.

After a few years of casual computer assembly and upgrading, I'm pretty much out of every screw I need.

Anyone know where I can buy a freaking bulk pack of, say, 500 of the things so I don't have this problem again for a loooong time?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I bet if you just walk into any small computer repair shop they would sell you that many screws for a couple of dollars. When I worked in one of those shops we had 1000s and 1000s of screws.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
timwhit said:
I bet if you just walk into any small computer repair shop they would sell you that many screws for a couple of dollars. When I worked in one of those shops we had 1000s and 1000s of screws.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I think that method was how I gained my first stash of screws actually. Unfortunately, here in downtown Arlington there aren't any small computer shops (that I'm aware of yet). And with no car, I'm limited to what can be found either at lousy stores like Burst Fly or at online sites.

I guess I'll have to cannibalize a semi-working system for now.

Handruin

Administrator
Give antec a phone call and ask them. They may be able to sell you a few bags of screws or they may just give them to you if you own one of their cases.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Do what I do-cannibilize old systems, including those you find by the curb. Or look for 6-32x1/4" or 6-32x3/8" screws at your local hardware store. That's the size most case screws appear to be(except the ones for floppy and optical drives.