Seeking suggestions for Mouse "feet" replacements

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
The feet on my mouse have become fairly worn, and actually one (of the original five) has, at some unbeknownst time, fallen off and likely fell victim to the vaccum.

I remembered that Merc had once mentioned that he had called Logitech in regards to obtaining some replacement parts. So I checked through their website and followed the directions in the appropriate knowledgebase answer posted here. However, I was informed by the pleasant csr that they don't have any replacement feet in the Canadian warehouse and, despite the fact that they likely do have some at the US parts centre, the $2US minimum order (which is likely what the parts would cost, but she wasn't exactly clear on that) would still be subject to a $25US charge to ship to Canada ... ha ha, funny.

So then, any creative suggestions for replacement feet? The mouse works fine, and I'm not going to replace it just because of wear and tear that should be easily rectified.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
I'm sure there has got to be some sort of solution at Home Depot just begging to be found....awefully big store though.

Sol

Storage is cool
I guess any non-rubbery hard plastic would do the job, a couple of options spring to mind. you could go out and find a horrendously cheap mouse with similar shaped pads and perform a transplant.

It would probably depend on your mousing surface too. Just grabbing random things on my desk I notice that a cheap plastic pen actually slides over the desk better than my mouse does, a few minutes with a pocket knife, some glue and maybe the old precision impact device and I'm sure I could come up with a solution there... Maybe you could just try grabbing some random stuff you could use to make new mouse feet and see what slides across the surface your using nicely...

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Wasn't someone on the net selling teflon tape? That would be the perfect replacement.

Bozo :mrgrn:

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Searching Google produces tons of hit, but all for plumber's teflon tape. It has no adheasive on the back. Damm

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
CityK:

If the cost is $2 and Logitech will mail it first class inside the U.S., I can buy it for you and remail it to you.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Thanks for all the good suggestions guys, and thanks for the offer mubs.

I think I'll opt to seek out some sort of home remedy along the lines of those mentioned above -- with the added ambiton of also achievng a lower coefficent of friction .... Mu - scourage of mouse feet everywhere

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
If you have a sporting goods store neaby, that carries archery equipment, you might be in luck. Seems the achers use adhesive backed teflon on the arrow rest. You can buy the teflon tape there.