Shared online calendar

Adcadet

Storage Freak
My wife and I need a decent calendar system that lets us have our own calendar but also lets us see eachothers. Online is preferable. One that will sync with my Palm pilot would be nice, too. If we need to install software to our University-hosted webspace, we can do that - our space supports SSL and CGI scripts.

Yahoo seems like the obvious choice since they've had a shared calendar through Yahool Groups for a long time, and they have a ]url=http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/intsync/intsync-27.html]utility [/url]to sync their calendar with a Palm Pilot. Unfortunately, working a personal calendar with a group calendar through Yahoo is difficult (for me at least), and their IntelliSync crap is difficult to use. The first time I set it up it took me 2+ hours to get it working properaly, and the second time I quit after 1+ hour or work.

Google's calendar would be nice, since my wife and I both extensively use Gmail, but it looks to still be just a rumor. The Mozilla calendar might be nice, but it doesn't sync with Palm Pilots.

Anybody have a suggestion or two?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
I bookmarked this site back on October 29th of this year. I think it was mentioned in a Slashdot discussion, and at the time I felt it was worth bookmarking. I haven't taken a serious look at it yet though.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Hmmm ... yes, here's the recent Slashdot discussion about calendar software where WebCalendar gathered some praise. I actually found it an informative discussion -- it turned out that there are waaaaay more calendar options available than I thought. Finding a calendar solution is something I've been meaning to implement for ages...

Adcadet

Storage Freak
WedCalendar looks good, except that my University webspace doesn't support any database without having to pay (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, Interbase, MS SQL Server, or ODBC is required)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There's about a billion calendar-sharing applications on sourceforge.net. I doubt any of them sync to palm, but don't you have web access pretty much everywhere you go these days?

Adcadet

Storage Freak
In many of the hospitals I have some web access. Some block certain sites. On rotations I use my Palm to keep my schedule (appointments/meetings/call days, etc) so it's easiest for me if my Palm can sync to whatever system we're using.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I think this is a case of want in one hand and crap in the other to see which fills up first.

The only things I know that'll sync with a Palm and can be shared are Schedule+ and Exchange, and Schedule+ hasn't been updated in probably six years. Outlook Calendars by themselves can't be shared without a ton of hacking, 'cause Microsoft wants you to buy Exchange.