Shooting mistake costs hunters deerly

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Two Japanese deer hunters have been arrested after mistakenly shooting dead two prize racehorses and seriously wounding a third.

The two men, who were hunting at night on Hokkaido island, fired off seven rifle rounds at the animals, which they spotted from their truck.

The three female yearlings were together worth more than a million dollars.

Two were shot dead and the third left critically injured.

The hunters will now face criminal charges.

http://abc.net.au/news/2002/11/item20021107212808_1.htm

No accounting for human stupidity.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
You know, all my anti-gun ranting notwithstanding, I have to feel sorry for the poor bastards. I mean ... one minute it's bang! bang! The next minute, it's ...... ohhhhh shiiiiiiit....

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Reminds me of the story, doubtless aprocrophal, of the two guys who were out playing with some explosive they had got hold of somewhere or other. They jumped into their brand new Landcruiser and drove out into the middle of the bush where there was no-one to see them, then started blowing things up with it: rocks, trees, whatever. After a while, they got bored. Having just blown up a rabbit warren, they caught a half-stunned rabbit and, for want of anything else to amuse their little minds, they stuck a stick of Gelly up the rabbit's arse and lit the fuse. Fully awake now, the rabbit ran off and hid.

Under their nice new Landcruiser .....

I doubt that it's true, but it's a beautiful story.

Stereodude

Not really a
Tea said:
Reminds me of the story, doubtless aprocrophal, of the two guys who were out playing with some explosive they had got hold of somewhere or other. They jumped into their brand new Landcruiser and drove out into the middle of the bush where there was no-one to see them, then started blowing things up with it: rocks, trees, whatever. After a while, they got bored. Having just blown up a rabbit warren, they caught a half-stunned rabbit and, for want of anything else to amuse their little minds, they stuck a stick of Gelly up the rabbit's arse and lit the fuse. Fully awake now, the rabbit ran off and hid.

Under their nice new Landcruiser .....

I doubt that it's true, but it's a beautiful story.
I think someone aussie-ized a supposedly true story about someone with dynomite, ice fishing, a dog, and a new Lincoln Navigator. Not sure if any of the versions of the story are true or not.

Stereodude

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Stereodude said:
I think someone aussie-ized a supposedly true story about someone with dynomite, ice fishing, a dog, and a new Lincoln Navigator.
Ironically, the earliest recorded variation of this is in fact a story by the Australian author, Henry Lawson, in 1899. As mentioned here.

Here is the original story, The Loaded Dog. It's well worth reading.

BTW, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the variations had a basis in truth. :)