Shuttle RMA Service

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
If I don't have a receipt, will Shuttle honor my RMA request? Just curious if anyone has experience with them as well. The M/B in question (AK39N Ultra v1.1) may not have even been out for a year but I guess they can tell the date of manufacture by the S/N.

Thanks,
C

Reference this thread

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Shuttle gave me a real hassle about not returning a board to the vendor during the first year of warranty. I had to argue that I had no idea where the board came from (pulled it out of someone's home PC), and I was asking for warrranty service based on dates I found on the PCB. IIRC the board I was dealing with was an AK31 or 32. Don't remember which. I did ultimately receive a replacement board though.

Epox and Abit are pretty much tied for worst warranty service imaginable for motherboards. Epox has never, ever returned the three boards that I RMA'd to them (complete with $50 check for return shipping, which was cashed). Abit asked for original - not a copy - reciept, wouldn't do anything without it; wanted $35 for return shipping to fix a manufacturing defect (bad caps) and appears to have returned to me a motherboard with only about half its capacitors fixed, very possibly the same one I shipped them, based on the eight-week turnaround time.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Merc. I won't hold my breath, then. It will probably be less headaches and wasted time to just buy a new board. I'll give them 24 more hours to reply to my RMA request and just move on if they don't.

BTW, I made a typo. The board is actually an AN35N Ultra v1.1 .

C