site upgraded 1-27-2007

Handruin

Administrator
Minor upgrade in-family revisions, nothing serious. Just letting you know why it was off line for 30 minutes or so.

Handruin

Administrator
Thoughts on this theme? You can try it by selecting "Blaze" in the bottom left corner of the Theme drop down menu.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Silly. I have any amount of time. That's the great thing about being imaginary - I can have as much time as you can think of, Tannin, oh Lord and Master and very-nice-person good-looking-too inventor of Me.

Handruin

Administrator
Cool!

Hey, can I write a skin? I'm still missing the old, much-easier-on-the-eye dark green one. Or any dark background, I'm not fussy.

Take a look in the template drop down (lower left corner) and select "Green Tea". let me know what needs to be changed to make it work better for you.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Interesting. I did not even know there were optional colors. I guess the choices only work when logged in. The default color scheme is fine, but Green Tea is visually distressing.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
The Green Tea is very hard to read. The light grey and black disappear on the green. The 'dayglo' red hurts your eyes.

What is the problem with the blue we are using???

Bozo :joker:

Handruin

Administrator
The green tea might only be usable for Tannin. I based the colors off an old template we had on the previous forum that he requested.

The red was just a trial, it isn't destined to replace the blue. Your account should hopefully still default to the blue theme.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
I prefer Windows 3.1's "Hotdog".

Well, actually, I don't. That one really sears the eyes!

I don't mind Blaze.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
It:s good to have choices, but the colors ar making me dizzy. Iam gonna hurl. ;) Wasn;t thre a puking icon?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
The Green Tea, despite being named after me, is absolutely dreadful!

(Tea! Mind your manners! Doug went to a lot of trouble on your behalf.)

(Keep your fur on, old chap, I was just getting to that bit.)

Not your fault, Doug, I hasten to add (and I was going to add even before Old Heavyhanded butted in). A quick inspection of the code of an SF page, together with the relevant CSS, soon demonstrates that the moronic programming team responsible ... er, excuse me, I should say irresponsible for vBulletin have hard-coded the table borders into the PHP!

This is bad, bad, bad software. I mean is this the Century of the Fruitbat already or what? Since when did anybody hard-code cosmetic interface stuff into the PHP code?

Sheesh

Anyway, I started recoding the Green Tea site CSS into the thing of subtlety and beauty that it ought to be .... and after the first half-hour, ran right up against this idiocy.

OK, I could recode the PHP scripts as well ... it wouldn't be the first time I've done this with a big, badly-written PHP script, nor the second, although I must admit that Tannin helped with some of the tricky bits on the other jobs. But it's a major undertaking (at least I presume that it would be: that's on the reasonable assumption that any program so badly organised as to have hard-coded colours into the PHP instead of the CSS is similarly badly organised insofar as putting all the colour and interface stuff into one place).

Oh, and another thing: why are the dates all weird and backwards?

Handruin

Administrator
That template is just a variation on the default blue template. Most anything you want changed can be done through the templating system. As a first step I was trying to get the colors used from the previous one in phpbb (which they are the same colors). If you have changes in mind, let me know and I'll add them.