Skylum Luminar 4

Stereodude

Not really a
So as I mentioned in the Something Random thread I bought Luminar 4 from B&H to play around with. So far I'm pretty impressed with it.

It is certainly easier to use than Photoshop in addition to have more dramatic effects. For example if you want to green up tree/foliage in PS you have to do a Hue/Saturation on only the greens, take a sample of the color, and move the hue and saturation slider around and you can only push it so far before it falls apart and shows artifacts. In Luminar 4 there's an easier to use Foliage Enhancer slider in the Landscape Enhancer section that does the same thing but without the tendency to fall apart even if you want to make the effect way overdone.

Here's another example of one of my photos that I processed with it.

Unedited from camera JPG:
DSC02122_sm.jpg

Sony Raw converter + tweaking in Photoshop:
DSC02122_edit_sm.jpg

Raw into Luminar 4:
DSC02122_L4_sm.jpg

All photos had the same resizing and sharpening done on them in Photoshop for posting. Click for the full size.

Last edited:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I'm not sure what it does, but can the functions work after RAW conversion as a plug-in in PS CC?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Unfortunately I cannot use the latest Sony software since it won't start up after installation. I'm expecting it will work with W10.Untitled-1.jpg

I like to use the OEM software first then PS and I'm too old to use the damned LR single-user database system.