SMC 7004ABR Router with Print Server

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll not be needing this soon as my new router will be showing up in about a week. Anyone interested? It works great. I'm relpacing it because I need a unit with a smaller foot-print.

Thanks,
Clocker

smc_router.jpg

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
b-

Model: SMC7004ABR
Part No.: 750.5702
Sub. Assy.: 720.5432

I'm 99% sure I have the original packaging in my basement as well as the manual. I may have the CD that came with it but I'm not sure. There is nothing of value on the CD anyway (at least I never needed/used it). If you are using Win2K or XP you don't even need the SMC software to use the print server as you can use the built in Unix LPR printing from them.

I verified it is flashed with the latest firmware as of about 1 month ago. There haven't been any firmware updates for this unit in a long time so I think it has matured for the most part.

I can print you off a copy of the receipt of you'd like one. I purchased the unit from Buy.com on November 29th 2001.

According to Pricewatch, these routers are going for $75 shipped. So, what do you think of $50 shipped?

Clocker

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
How funny. The Pope and Satan in the same thread.

C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes. I have to ship to AU though? Never did THAT before. How much will it cost you?? How do I do it?

C

James

Storage is cool
Clocker said:
Yes. I have to ship to AU though? Never did THAT before. How much will it cost you?? How do I do it?
Could you tell me how heavy it is packed? I don't need manuals etc. since I have a 7004WBR already.

I'll then work it out and let you know.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll need to weigh it tomorrow. If you want, we can just guesstimate and if you pay too much or too little for shipping we can work it out afterward. Let me know if that's OK with you....

In the meantime...what service would I use? USPS Airmail?

C

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Personally, I think the price is a little high. the Dlink 604 (this is the model you used to replace the smc, yes?) is on sale for $22 from Amazon.com... one of the rebates might be expired by now, so lets say $33.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Sorry. You're too late. James and I have negotiated a deal.

IMO the Dlink isn't as capable as the Barricade (no print server, not as mature, no autosensing ports for uplink or standard connection, warranty=shit etc.) but it will work for my application.

The SMC has some nice bells and whistles that aren't too common any more (includinga nice warranty). Routers are starting to cheap-out now that they are so common. I'm concerned that this DLink will be running hot hot (Usenet) so I may crack it open and put a heatsink on the processor.

C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks for the info blake but, as you will see if you have read this thread, James and I have already worked something out. What's your point?

C