Some DVD software news....

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
DVD Decrypter has found its was to v3.2.1.0

Meanwhile, DVDShrink continues to be upgraded, the latest now being v3.1.7. Interesting to note that some new features have been added, despite the authours previous statement that development had stopped and that future releases of the v3.1.x would only introduce bug fixes to the program.

Lastly, Doom9's March 14th news entry touches upon the possibility of MS's WMV9 landing within the forthcoming HD-DVD spec:
Since the DVD-forum has taken a first step, although they can (and hopefully will) revoke this at the next meeting, towards making Microsofts WM9 mandatory for the HD DVD Video and Taiwan wants it in their own FVD-format, it is a good time now to read Microsofts DRM-licence (Start with the FAQ).
4. License Acquisition To play a packaged media file, the consumer must first acquire a license key to unlock the file. The process of acquiring a license begins automatically when the consumer attempts to acquire the packaged media file, acquires a pre-delivered license, or plays the file for the first time. Windows Media Rights Manager either sends the consumer to a registration page where information is requested or payment is required, or "silently" retrieves a license from a clearing house.
"Silently"?
By releasing HDTV-trailers under this licence they might want you getting used to the active client/server-connection to watch any video (btw, isn't a licence for a trailer a bit contradictionary)

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Actually the MS licensing for WMV9 has gotten better as time has gone on. One of the first retail titles, T2: Extreme Edition (or was it ultimate I forget), required a license to be downloaded before the HD content could be played back. I believe the license expired in a week, and had to be re-acquired. Major pain.

Now the more recent titles don't require a Net connection, the licensing is done off-line (between the physical DVD and WMP). So you may need to put the physical disc in once a week (if you ripped it and are playing it off the hard drive). And that avoids having to have an HD-DVD player with a dial up modem connection or some other crap like that.