some tech needed

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm looking for two things:

1) An application or technology that will tell me system level information. At the very least, the total number of memory slots + how many are occupied and with what.

2) An application that would act as a point to point file trasnfer medium. Say I want a file but it would fill up my email box. I could connect to the other person and GET or PUT. This would be for people who don't want to use a FTP server. Preferably free.

TIA

Handruin

Administrator
CPU-Z should handle some, if not all of the info you request in item number 1.

For item number two, you could us an instant messaging client that supports file transfer such as ICQ, yahoo, and AIM to name a few. That would give you basic point to point transfers.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I came across this just now. The web page renders badly in Firefox. Try IE instead.

Super Cipher P2P Messenger Version 3.3

Dynamic Multithreading Messenger & File Transfer Program with unbreakable encryption. Super Cipher P2P Messenger is a peer to peer messenger program for Internet users or Network users, which can send messages and files encrypted. The Super Cipher P2P Messenger program is an EXTREMELY SECURE P2P Messenger program, without all the bulky nonsense of other messenger programs. Whether your a super tech computer guru, or you barely can operate a computer and you're worried about security... This is the program for you!

$10

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Hmmmmm .... I sure hope his Visual Basic coding is better than his HTML coding. (Or whatever language it's written in. Looks like he's doing the web page with MS Office, which can be relied upon to output horrible code that breaks browsers every time.)

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
My thoughts exactly! It is possible that he takes the easy way put with his web site but is a good designer/coder with his programming. The Iconize program was recommended, that's why I went there.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks guys.

That CPU-Z program is exactly what I was looking for. The program mubs suggested also looks promising. I like that it seems lightweight.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
mubs said:
I came across this just now. The web page renders badly in Firefox. Try IE instead.

Hmmm. Renders just fine in FF 1.5b1. What version are you running?

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
1.07. Apparently Tannin had a problem too (no idea what browser, he uses them all). He skewered the guy, didn't he? :D