SSD Slower on 6BpS

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Anyone have that happen? I'm using the LSI controller (RAID 1, 0, 0/1) and the actions are slower on that than on the ICH10R oldy. The bust rate is higher on the LSI, but of what use is that if the drive is really slower? It is a SSD oddity. :bomb:

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes. I had two Crucial SSDs connected to a 3Ware 9650se. I moved them to the motherboard Intel RAID and the performance more than doubled.

LunarMist

I'm using only the one SSD, no RAID levels. Are some controllers much better than others for SSDs?

ddrueding

Fixture
I don't think any of the add-on RAID cards deal with SSDs well. I've always had better performance with the onboard controller.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I've never seen an SLR HCA before, but I guess it's a logical progression for FC connections. Do you use RAW or TIF format on the SSDs?

LunarMist

I don't know what occurred there. :eek: I posted the reply to this thread in the Plus Sized thread and the Pentax comment was from an entirely different forum. The multi-clipboard tool is not working out very well.

LunarMist

Damn. The SSD temperature is shown as 128 °C when it is on the ICH and reporting the SMART. I find that temperature rather difficult to believe.

LunarMist

The new drive is still running, and quite fast, too. There must be a little bugger in HDTune's temperature calculations.