Stanford's F@h servers suck... :(

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
No one is arguing that Stanford is the best all-around university on this darn earth (OT, much better than anything we have to show here in the EU) but their servers suck big time!! :x :( :x

I have been trying to connect to their IP (171.64.122.111-112) for almost an hour to upload my done WU and now I'm still waiting (after waiting half-hour for the "news" to download) for my new WU to come...

What is this? Why don't they understand that they have traffic and they need to put up another couple of servers?! :x

I don't know if this is an old-continent-only connection problem but I lost some 2 CPU-productive hours today... You can always see the IP of the server you connect by accessing --> About --> Log File...

Do you find that we should send them an e-mail (collectively as SF.net) to solicit the problem?!

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Have you seen Berkeley's Seti servers? Stanford's are great in comparison. If you can connect to Berkeley on weekdays you can cut my private parts off... well, it was like that while I was running Seti anyway.

There should be a caching program for Genome... unfortunately Seti has the most GUIs and various other programs than anyone else since its been around longer than God. Once something like Seti Driver comes along for Genome, then I'll be very happy.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Rocco Siffredi said:
Have you seen Berkeley's Seti servers? Stanford's are great in comparison. If you can connect to Berkeley on weekdays you can cut my private parts off... well, it was like that while I was running Seti anyway.

There should be a caching program for Genome... unfortunately Seti has the most GUIs and various other programs than anyone else since its been around longer than God. Once something like Seti Driver comes along for Genome, then I'll be very happy.

Errr ... distributed.net blows the doors off of all the other projects in terms of client availablity and server reliability. They were the first to "cash in" on the distributed computing project and were around for, I believe, at least two years before the Seti@home project started.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
I've no idea about the Distributed.net clients age but are there as many add-ons as there are for Seti?