Stiff upper lipp...

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
slo crostic said:
Hey Flagreen, love the avatar :D
I stole it from someone on another site :). Whenever I come across one I like, I save it.

slo crostic

Learning Storage Performance
Correct, Jake the Dog! :D
Invader Zim is the most twisted cartoon I've ever seen. The way humans are portrayed in that cartoon (from an alien point of view) is soooooo twistedly funny. Oh and predictably, the alien, Invader Zim, tries to destroy the human race every episode and, even more predictably, always fails.
The first series is the best, and they've started going downhill since, (don't most television programmes?) but it's still god for a twisted laugh :lol: :mrgrn:

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Thinking back on the movie: Zulu, I was reminded how Reverend Witt pathetically turned to alcohol for solace as his faith in God proved to be shallow. He didn’t represent the phrase “stiff upper lip”, which is sad, since he had the opportunity to have as strong a conviction in his beliefs as the British soldiers. Although he didn’t pick up arms, his trust and faith in God should have allowed him to endure the situation, even to the point of death.

Considering that I have not been in that type of situation, some may say that my expressions about the Reverend are not realistic, but then the same could be said of the British soldiers. Although their beliefs are quite different, both Reverend Witt and Stanley Baker were soldiers, one for Christ, and the other for King and Country. So, they both had the opportunity to be confident in their beliefs (although still anxious, as the situation would be unimaginably horrifying), and endure their trials with a “stiff upper lip”.