Stop the Madness

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I've been seeing way too many personal attacks lately. Can some of you guys (note: guys=plural) lose the condescending tones and converse like adults please? On topics where you stand different ground, state your peace in a civil manner and leave the bad day you had in the dust. If you can't do that, take a break and come back later. If you can't come to a common ground on a topic, agree to disagree and move on. Don't take this stuff so personally.

Clocker

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
OK, it's no doubt well-known that I am a little slow on the uptake, but I haven't actually noticed a problem in this regard, Clocker. Oh sure, I've seen Mercutio and the Prof casting aspersions on one another just lately, but my reading of that was that it has all been in good spirit and (speaking for myself) I've been following their debates and good-natured chiacking with pleasure and many a chuckle.

Of course, I may have misread the situation, but they are both robust, confident debators, both quite capable of taking it as well as dishing it out. I've had run-ins over one issue or another with both of them in the past and I don't think that any of the three of us are any the worse for the experience.

Anyway, that's my take on the matter, but I'll re-read a few threads and post again if, having had my attention drawn to this, it seems different on reflection. But either way, Clocker, thankyou for bringing the issue to light. If there is nothing it it, then no harm done. And if there is something to it, then it should be pondered.

PS: Shouldn't this be in "feedback"?

Tony

James

Storage is cool
{Said with a note of pride : ) And let's not forget here that I'm the only person on this board to have been actively moderated so far. :mrgrn:

I agree with Tony. All I've seen lately has been Merc and Prof butting heads a bit, but it hasn't got too bad yet. It's certainly nothing like SR, and let's do everything we can to make sure it never gets to that stage.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Every discussion is constructive for me. I believe that neither Mercutio, nor me have meant to hurt each other's feelings and, personally, I have found all of our debates so far entertaining and educative.

I have learnt many things from Mercutio and I'll continue doing so. For example, I learnt that even "software", something you can't touch or see in the literal sense, has form and function. I think I learnt from Merc-man that function is lots more important... especially if it's NOT proprietary.

PS. I'm still afraid of the night, walking alone in the dark Roman alleys... afraid of the M-man and his big, heavy sack full of 5" Micropolis drives... Jeez! This is almost traumatic!! :lol: :oops:

id

What is this storage?
Yeah Clocker, your Damn oversensitive. Don't start brow beating posters like you did at SR. So stop it now before it gets ugly. You don't want to start another mess like the one we had at SR.........Do You?!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Well, Clocker was OT:police. And he was well known for restraint.

I believe this is the rare form of humor known as sarcasm.