Storing Data DVDs

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a couple of high-capacity (~248) Case-Logic CD binders. Can I store DVDs in them too? This may seem like a silly question, but since DVDs have much smaller "pits", I'm concerned that repeated insertion into the sleeves may render them unusable.

Thanks.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
What kind of holding mechanism does it use?

If it's a sleave-type, then you're probably okkay. They big thing with DVDs is to not flex them, as that can lead to layer separation.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Sleeves in a binder that's closed with a zipper that runs all around. I've read complaints about CrapUSA's CD sleeves that scratch pretty badly. AFAIK, Case-Logic stuff is good.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I read some comments somewhere (might have been this forum) that some types of sleeves react chemically with the disk and discolor and maybe destroy them.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
The only thing that I might worry about is the rigidity of the case.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I store data DVDs that I've managed to organize in large binders and have not found any problems I can attribute to that storage method.

I store the discs I haven't organized on empty spools. That works too. :)

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks everybody for the replies.

Merc, one thing I don't understand - when they are on a spool, I've seen DVDs and CDs rotating. Doesn't that scratch them?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
CD's and DVD's have a little ridge around the clamp zone in the center. That little ridge seperates the rest of the disks by a small amount when they are stacked.