Superman ( Christopher Reeve) has died

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Users in City of Heroes are planning memorials. On the server I play on a number of high-level players will be standing near the costume shops, giving away money so people can change their costumes to black. Others are dropping their capes or adding an "S" to their outfits. It sounds like a silly gesture but this man is part of the reason so many of us play.

At one time Superman 2 stood as probably the greatest movie of the "super hero" genre, and I have to say that Christopher Reeve is linked indelibly in my mind to Superman. I saw those movies in the theater, and I remember them fondly.

Of course, he did other things, too. I remember him from "Remains of the Day" and "Somewhere in Time". not just for being Clark Kent.

Seems like Christopher Reeve's name came up every time someone mention spinal injury or stem-cell research. It's silly that we need someone famous to remind us of human suffering but, really, before his accident, how often did anyone talk about about those things?

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
He was a source of hope. The news really saddened me.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Mercutio said:
I have to say that Christopher Reeve is linked indelibly in my mind to Superman.

Funny, I always think of George Reeves as Superman.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I was saddened to read about his passing. A courageous man, indeed. So sad that "Superman" had to die like this.

e_dawg

Storage Freak
Smallville just dedicated this week's episode in loving memory of Christopher Reeve. (I don't know why I watch that trashy WB show)

Answers own question: (Maybe I watch it precisely because it is trashy... If WB knows anything, it's eye candy)

Handruin

Administrator
That's some sad news. Their son now has to grow up without parents. :(