Symantec Licensing

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Why do you have to jump through so many hoops just to get a license key for installation?

I have to believe there is some method to the madness but so far I don't see it.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Are you dealing with Symantec? I bought licenses through an arm of GE Capital and it was basically a "how many do you need?"-deal.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I've used their licensing portal recently, bit of a pain waiting 24 hours for the activation codes, if it's critical have to call them direct and demand it from them.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes, we buy directly from Symantec. http:\\licensing.symantec.com to register licenses.

I can get the codes immediately if the website is not down and I can remember the maze of menus. And that's if they haven't made any changes.

I just don't understand the process behind the way the website works.

You have to add serial numbers to your catalog before you can register them and get the keys. But you can share the licenses with other registrants? What!!

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah, that sharing a license thing is confusing, because I can't see how you can deregister your existing activation code before transferring it to someone else.