TES3: Morrowind

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
Any of you guys played it? It's from ~2002. Much more complex to play than Oblivion or Skyrim. Runs on a much more modest system too, but for the best quality you want something roundabout what you'd use for Oblivion.

I used to not like it at all. It was slow, clunky, difficult, and a whole host of other things that I don't like.

Then I figured out that you could craft your own spells, and your imagination was the limit. No, seriously, here is someone literally jumping across the entire island you play on (Vvardenfell) with the aid of a few spells. And a mod to remove skillcaps, but you can still take it to ridiculous levels in the unmodded game. You can literally get three scrolls of Icarian Flight (Fortify Acrobatics 1000 for 7 seconds) for free, a little walk out of the starting town away. And the difficulty makes the game much more rewarding. By default the game will only run at 4:3 resolutions up to 1024x768 but with a couple registry entries you can have it running at your native res. Don't ask me to find the keys, no danger of that happening...

And one of the expansions, Bloodmoon, takes place on Solstheim, which is right next to Skyrim and is mostly populated with Nords. The Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim lets you return to Solstheim. Bloodmoon is essentially what TVTropes calls an "early bird cameo" for the entirety of Skyrim.