The Widget Thread (v. Why don't we have one already)

Stereodude

Not really a
How is there not a widget thread? :scratch:

So, what are some of your favorite widgets that you're using on your Android devices?

I'd start, but I've only got a few hours of Android experience under my belt and I'm still exploring the wonderful world of widgets.

Stereodude

Not really a
That's okay I just realized the glaring typo in the thread title. It was supposed to ask why we didn't have one already.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I have very few widgets.
Just the stock htc one with clock and weather.
And the htc one that looks like power toggles mentioned above.
Then one for Audio Control that lets me switch audio profiles easily, even though they are already on a schedule.
For a calendar I use Jorte calendar control with 6 weeks displayed.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
On tablets I keep a Gmail widget on my home screen. I have a Plex remote widget on my phone and living room tablet. Every Android device I own has a full-page calculator widget on the first screen to the right of the home screen.
My home screen consists of a few app shortcuts (Firefox, Google Drive) and a bunch of folders full of other stuff. I don't use more than three screens with the stock Android launcher and that includes one that I dedicate to just a calculator.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm a few days into my first Android (4.1.2) - Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. Stumbling and bumbling my way though. I looked at a few apps, but it seems every app wants acess to your USB storage, your emails, your location, what not. I feel very naked.

So Merc, which calculator do you use?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have a couple different ones. It's not something where I have a bunch of strict requirements. I just think it's silly not to have a calculator at the ready. HTC had a really nice one that I'm too lazy to grab from my old phone.