Too Good to be true???

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
That looks like a rhetorical question to me.

The scamertisment looks like crap. Bet you the "ends Jan 14th at midnight" bit will read "ends Jan 15th at midnight" tomorrow.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Greg: There's this thing called Bittorrent, where all manner of TV shows are cheerfully passed around the internet, free of charge.

If you REALLY want to watch TV on your computer without all the fuss, buy a Slingbox.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio

I'm in a weird spot. Cable here is about twice what it is 20 miles away, and, as far as I'm concerned, forget it. The reason is, We can't get any stations around here. It would be wonderful to be able to get TV over the net.

Bitteroot?

GS

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Santilli said:
Mercutio

I'm in a weird spot. Cable here is about twice what it is 20 miles away, and, as far as I'm concerned, forget it. The reason is, We can't get any stations around here. It would be wonderful to be able to get TV over the net.

Bitteroot?

GS

Google is hard for me too.

Sol

Storage is cool
I havn't watched TV except from my PC in about 3 years. Australian TV is so far behind American TV and there is so much annoying reality TV crap it's just not worth the effort.

O.K so technically downloading all the shows you want to watch via bit torrent isn't legal... But it does work... I justify it by saying that'll I'll pay for the shows when they offer to sell them to me, but I guess we'll see how true that is when someone offers me shows I can download at a reasonable price...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
timwhit said:
Santilli said:
Mercutio

Bitteroot?

GS

Google is hard for me too.

I've already googled it, and gone over it. Looks like an intresting setup.

I kind of wonder about getting nailed for copyright violations, however, and, what really worries me, is, since this is interstate, it would be in FEDERAL court.

GS

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
It is possible that you could get busted for it, it is pretty unlikely. This really depends more on your cable company than anything else, as all the cable companies handle this differently.

When I had Charter they would not release customer information on the first couple offenses and would simply forward you a cease and desist letter. I not have RCN and have had Comcast in the past and never received any letters, though I don't download as many things as I used to.