USB Geek USB 2.0 to SATA Cable

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
How does one melt a fishing weight in a saucepan? Is that some down-under slang for something else?

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Fishing weights—sinkers, in the local vernacular—are just lead weights. I used to break up car batteries for the lead plates as a kid, melt them down on a fire, and make my own sinkers. I never thought to do it in an aluminium/stainless steel saucepan on the stove, though I imagined my mum would have had a fit if I had! :mrgrn:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yikes, that sounds like a good way to absorb lead. I suppose you were not concerned about the toxicity. :(

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Never knew the dangers. This would be the '70's. Once I found out, I never did it again.

Mind you, it might explain why I'm a bit slow sometimes...

:eekers:

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
A few years ago I cast my own lead bullets on the kitchen stove. It made one hellava mess.
The wife was not too happy either.. :(

Bozo :mrgrn:

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Why'd you want to do that? I would have thought it would be cheaper to buy them? Just to see if you could do it?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I used to cast my own round balls for black powder shooting. The lead was usually free from wheel balancing weights etc. Tho I used a proper lead melting pot, outside. Doing it on the kitchen stove is definitely a good way to poison yourself.

Projectiles can be surprisingly expensive, especially if you shoot a lot. And there is a lot of satisfaction in doing it yourself.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Yeah, but I thought you needed silver for that? And why would a Tassie devil want to shoot Greg S? :eekers: :mrgrn: