Water cooling references

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
cray2.gif

No, but the blue thing in the background to this picture is a waterfall. :)

I like the crays that look like couches better, myself, but you've gotta admit that a PC with a waterfall would kick major ass.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
You should've considered a waterfall in your apartment, Merc. It could've cooled your PCs, and according to Feng-Shui, would've been good for you as well ;)

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Waterfalls and other open tumbling water toys raise the humidity too much. Aside from the obvious problem of creature comfort I'd have to keep refilling it.

I once read an article about someone (Wright?) who built their house in such a way that a creek ran through their house. In one wall, down a couple waterfalls and out the other side. It would be neat.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Howell said:
Waterfalls and other open tumbling water toys raise the humidity too much. Aside from the obvious problem of creature comfort I'd have to keep refilling it.

I once read an article about someone (Wright?) who built their house in such a way that a creek ran through their house. In one wall, down a couple waterfalls and out the other side. It would be neat.

That was Frank Lloyd Wright, the house is called Fallingwater.

http://www.fay-west.com/fayette/fallingwater/

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Fallingwater. It's closed at the moment, but I've been there. It's... dank. The exterior is gorgeous but the inside is like, well, it's a little like a locker room, at least in the summer.

A big part of Frank Lloyd Wright's problem is that materials science wasn't up to the challenges of his designs. Most of his truly famous works, like Fallingwater and Taliesin are crumbling because his designs stressed materials like NOTHING that was made back then could.

If you ever come up this way, Wright's home in Oak Park, Illinois is an awe-inspiring space, particularly his workshop and the children's playroom.