WHere are Merc. and Flagreen?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I hope that everyone is ok with what I've done. I sent Mercutio an email in behalf of our forum. It was brief and stated:

Greetings Mercutio,

Everyone at StorageForum hopes that you are ok. We have not heard from you as of late, but would like to. If there are continue problems in you life, we are sorry to hear that, and hope that solutions are forthcoming. Take care.

Your Friends,

StorageForum

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Nice. And I'm gonna send him one now too...
"Hey Merc-man. See? You've NOT been using Winblows and now your Linux box is fried...

Kisses, your e-buddy,
Wizzy."

:lol: (I won't, of course...)

PS. Buck, send one to Flagreen too...

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Maybe Mercutio suffers the pre-1000th post syndrome and Bill is affected by the post-50 years old syndrome? Both are in cure.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Mercutio is dealing with a very difficult relationship problem right now. He's doing it hard under extraordinary circumstances.

If you are reading this, Mercutio, stay with it. All things pass in time, so hang in there, my friend.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
You rang?

I frequently visit and read without posting. I generally check in every day when I'm near my PC. I have been traveling a bit more than usual lately but it's only temporary.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
flagreen said:
I have been traveling a bit more than usual lately but it's only temporary.
With all that burning money in your pockets Bill, you should buy a laptop with wireless internet connection so that you could stay in touch even when you are away. Of course, they don't build mobile duallies yet, but maybe you could live without this feature anyway, could you?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Tea said:
What happened to the dancing fat man avatar? I liked the dancing fat man.
Just thought a change was in order. I have new dancer coming soon!

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
CougTek said:
flagreen said:
I have been traveling a bit more than usual lately but it's only temporary.
With all that burning money in your pockets Bill, you should buy a laptop with wireless internet connection so that you could stay in touch even when you are away. Of course, they don't build mobile duallies yet, but maybe you could live without this feature anyway, could you?
You know I should get a laptop. It would come in handy for work as well. I'd even settle for one with an old fashion 56k modem. :)

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
And if you bring your laptop at work, you will look far more serious. People (especially the clueless ones) often look at laptop owners as important, knowledgeable and professional persons. Sales persons will buy your pomps in truckload quantities. That laptop wil pay itself in no time. I tell you ;-)

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
CougTek said:
And if you bring your laptop at work, you will look far more serious. People (especially the clueless ones) often look at laptop owners as important, knowledgeable and professional persons. Sales persons will buy your pomps in truckload quantities. That laptop wil pay itself in no time. I tell you ;-)
You are starting to sound like that Guy on TV Coug - "Billy Mays". He sells anything and everything. Ever seen him?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
flagreen said:
You are starting to sound like that Guy on TV Coug - "Billy Mays". He sells anything and everything. Ever seen him?
No, unfortunately. Well, maybe I did saw him, but the name doesn't tell me anything.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Tea - LOL

I lived in Hawaii for 3 yeas when I was a kid. A wonderful place to grow up. Every "Hula" tells a story. What this one is saying I haven't a clue. It would be fun to know though. :)

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
I happen to like your new avatar better than the old one, Bill. Much more aesthetically pleasing than a dancing fatboy; or, for that matter, a dog flea with a tongue of fire coming out of its ass. :wink:

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Koggit said:
Yeah hes been travelin some and fixin up my awesome 4 cylinder lady killer. Great job and thanks.
Your welcome Chris!. Allow me to indroduce my youngest son Guys - "Koggit" (Chris). An honor role student and all around nice guy. He gets all my hand-me-done PC stuff! I know he will behave himself on this site.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Welcome Chris,

I hope you brought your humor too... I really enjoy your posts at SR's bar... :)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
For those who really, really want to know why I haven't been coming around much in the last few weeks:

Don't read if you're offended or don't want to know something about my personal life

Amy, my fiance, the woman I have devoted my whole life to, in every possible way, told me a few weeks ago that she wants to date girls, and that she has no expectations for continuing our relationship beyond friendship at this point. She says the touch of a woman is electric, and that it's never been like that for her with me. Right now she is at the only (female) gay bar in the area and I'm trying *REALLY* hard not to find a reason to not just give up on everything. This is very heavy but I really need something positive to happen in my life very, very soon.

Groltz

That is tragic. Strangely, the exact same thing happened to a co-worker of mine last year.

Good Luck,

----Stephen

Groltz

Mercutio said:
Tell me it ended well.

For the co-worker? As a matter of fact it did. After the mental anguish dissipated after a couple months, he met a new girl. I saw her when she picked him up after work. She was a knockout.

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
Tell me it ended well.

Given I don't know many other details of your personal life, but this may be that fork in the road which will help you grow. It's easy for me to sit back and say these words when I'm not in your situation, and I respect that. I would like to think that some day, something will come up where you will say, "Ah, this is why this happened". Maybe you are not a fate believer, but by sheer luck this might also happen.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficult time Mercutio. I hope that you can find some kind of happiness in other people around you to brighten the day. For someone to come out and do what they had done is traumatic, especially when you put your heart and sole into loving another person.

I hope the best comes its way for you, and things work out positive.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio, hope you work yourself out of this situation quickly and with the least emotional pain. I've lived a break-up in the past (those classic high-school love-you-forever-marry-you-tomorrow amori) and I know it's a killing thing, especially the first couple of months.

Stick with us mate. Drop me a spam if it makes you feel better. :wink:

PS. I was hoping it was just that Linux-box thing (see my post above). I'm sorry to hear it was much more serious than that...

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Merc,

This too shall pass. Do not make any rash decisions should certain parties change their minds. Think it over carefully and discuss it with someone whose advice you value who is not emotionally involved before you commit yourself to reconciliation. Having gone through a couple of Divorces myself, I can tell you that if you are thinking clearly right now you are the first to do so under such circumstances.

Mercutio

Thanks for advice, all. I'm really sorry to bring this here but under the circumstances I've been asked to keep this to myself in "real life" and some things, one just can't keep a lid on forever.
In case there's any confusion, my self-destructive urges are more along the lines of "picking fights with cops"-style bad ideas than anything permanent, although a few months of dreamless sleep might not be so bad. :|

She's home now, and very drunk and I don't think she was at all comfortable whereever she went. The friend in me says it's their loss. The rest doesn't know what to think.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio -

For her sake, I hope she is not basing her decisions on romantic/erotic feelings and is instead basing them on who she wants to have as a companion throughout life. Erotic passion is good .. very good .. but in the long run it's the desire to share one's life with someone that should drive decisions like these.

A girl I was a good friend with in high school got married but wasn't happy in the relationship. Luckily for me we got together after her divorce and we too were married. But as it turned out we made for good friends but not good spouses. We divorced after almost 5 years but stayed in contact. Over the next 5 years she got married to an old college friend of mine, who of course years earlier I had introduced her to. Sounds suspicious but it really wasn't. Anyway, after the 5 years had passed, she introduced me to my current fiancee, who had recently just divorced her 1st husband. Currently, my ex is working on kid #2 with her 3rd husband and my fiancee and I will be getting married in two months. In the end, my fiancee & I are very happy with how things are going and are looking forward to our future together. My ex & her husband are also very happy. I guess the moral of my story is that you devote your life to someone and it doesn't always work out. You take what you can from that and learn about yourself and that can make you a better person, or at least more mature and knowledgeable about what you want & need. In the case of my ex and I, we're both happier and better off for having had our relationship go the way it did.

- Fushigi

Mercutio

Amy and I have an odd relationship. Amy has said she treasures me for being the person I was in high school when we met, and for being the person I am now, who literally makes sure that she doesn't have anything to worry about except her schooling (she's second in her class, so that's working, at least). She tells me that I am gentle and patient, romantic, loving in an extreme, that I am funny and kind and intellectually stimulating and that her friends are jealous of the way she's treated and she feels awful about even thinking of giving it up. Of course my feelings for her should be obvious.

But on another level there are a couple of fundamental differences between us, things that neither of us can change. Amy is extroverted and enjoys being around new people. I get physically ill when I'm in unscripted social situations - something she's only recently had the chance to indulge again but clearly something she has missed. Amy doesn't share my taste in music, nor I in hers (a big part of my life). Perhaps worst, Amy is physically active and likes to be outdoors. The walk I take with her around the apartment complex every morning does not satisfy her personality that way and unfortunately I have *severe* allergies to many of the basic components of "outside" (grass, mold, pollen, dust) that make her trips out from under a ceiling and away from an air filter dicey at best for me.

So which are the qualities she needs? Excepting the obvious one that's being called into question at the moment?

Mercutio

If you don't understand, Prof, what I mean is that there is a ritual to dealing with people in a business or professional setting. Things are polite and there is a ritual standard of behavior. Most other social interactions don't have that and I find I'm overwhelmed.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Don't worry Merc-man, I may be a foreigner but I'm no dumb. :wink:
I know what a script is in IT terms so I figured it out in its "social" context.

PS. I liked the way you said it.
PPS. I don't like SSSs* either, but that's the way things go with most women, buddy.

*scripted social situation

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio,

I'm really sad to hear about your current situation, and I think anyone who has ever cared about someone goes through what you are at some point in their life. I know it might be a little presumptuous of me to say this, but the best thing for you now might be to get out a bit more, perhaps go to the nearby big city once in a while just to walk around and see people. Maybe something can be done about your allergies so that leaving the four walls behind is a bit less onerous for you. I know this works for me when I'm down, and the exercise puts me in a better state of mind. I can personally relate to your not feeling comfortable with unscripted social situations, so my idea of just randomly exploring the city is a good way to get out and see people without having anything beyond superficial contact with them.

It might not be exactly what you want to hear now, but it is possible to enjoy life without a "significant other" if it comes down to that. Consider that most marriages are unhappy anyway, and that you eventually end up alone. I think the most important thing you can do is to make peace with yourself, and realize that no matter what you do, at some point life will treat you unfairly. As long as you tried your best, there is no reason to get down on yourself, and from what you describe, it certainly sounds like you poured your soul into your relationship with Amy. Only the future will tell if you're destined to be with her, with someone else, or alone.