Why hide the forum?

Stereodude

Not really a
Either I'm blind (which could be possible), or this forum is completely hidden from the front page http://www.storageforum.net Is there some reason why there is no link to the forums here? It seems kinda odd that the URL is to Storage Forum (note the forum), but you can't get here unless you know about it.

Stereodude

simonstre

What is this storage?
You must use the force, my son. Feel the forums, instead of looking at them.

:D

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Stereodude,

You see the little
sfforum.jpg
logo at the top of the main menu on the front page (hint : it's on the left side of the page)? Someday, when you aren't too busy, try clicking on it.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Stereodude,

You see the little
sfforum.jpg
logo at the top of the main menu on the front page (hint : it's on the left side of the page)? Someday, when you aren't too busy, try clicking on it.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Damn forum lag! I double post because it didn't seem to ship it the first time. In case any clown working for Burst read this : I HATE YOU!

Stereodude

Not really a
Hmmm well you guys have that hidden really well. It looks like it's a section heading for the box that it's in, not a link. I'd mod the page to have the "link" border around it.

Stereodude

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Not at all, Prof.

Stereodude is absolutely right. It is hard to find. It surprises me that as many people find their way into the forum as actually do. I happened to be yakking on ICQ to Soup_Nazi the other week, told him to get his arse over here and join up. Gave him the www.storageforum.net URL. Then waited, and waited, and waited for his name to pop up on the "our newest member" listing. Meanwhile, he was saying "I thought you said this was a good site, Tony - all I can see is maybe three posts in the last two days". Eventually I twigged. He hadn't been able to find the link either, and he'd signed up and logged into the news page, then wondered why there was nobody there. I bet it happens quite often.

I understand that Coug and Handruin are working on a replacement for their front page software, so that they can get a bit better control over the way the page looks.