Win users linked 2 Stockholm Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Old, very old article 2003...but since the iPhone Syndrome is getting such play from the Win apologists here:

Defending Windows over Mac a sign of mental illness

http://www.macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/490/

"The combination of "Stockholm Syndrome" and "cognitive dissonance" produces a victim who firmly believes the relationship is not only acceptable, but also desperately needed for their survival," writes Joseph M. Carver, PhD for Mental-Health-Matters.com.

Interesting, you say, but what does this have to do with the price of iMacs in China?

Well, nothing, but it does have a great deal to do with a recent issue I had with an IT department head at a company with which I was consulting recently. I won't get into the specifics, but you know the drill, this guy hated Macs for some reason, made outright fun of Macs using all of the usual myths (too expensive, no software, no one uses them, Apple's going out of business, etc.), but was getting pounded by his company's workers and management as his network repeatedly failed due to viruses and patches and just plain Windows crashes.

I think I've figured out the answer to my own article from last November, "I really wonder what some Windows users think about Macintosh."

These Windows users are sick. Sick, I tell you! Mentally ill. Want proof? Okay, but keep in mind that this gets eerie, proceed at your own risk:

Dr. Carver explains the history of the naming of Stockholm Syndrome....

Handruin

Administrator
Propaganda to try and annoy people when the OP will not defend original topics. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.