Windows XP/2K3 x64 SP2

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Hi Guys,

Has anyone know what the status of this beast is? eg Service Pack 2 for Windows XP x64 or Windows Server 2003...

I can see that the RC has been released, and is the SP is due for release Q1... and that's about it. I can't even find an errata or known issues for the RC?

Or has anyone actually tested SP2 yet?

Also, WTF is Windows Server 'Longhorn'? As far as I knew, the next Windows Server was called 'Blackcomb' scheduled for release in '08?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm not immediately up on when the next 2k3 Service Pack is due, but Longhorn Server is Vista with some of the stupider userland crap removed and the usual server crap added.

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing as Blackcomb.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Been testing SP2 for XP64 and Server 2003 for a while now. I've never had any problems with the service pack.
XP64 really comes alive when SP2 is added. On my test system there was a very noticable increase in speed. Drivers for some hardware is still a problem though. That's not MS's fault.
I've only installed SP2 on Server 2003 Standard edition. That is what we use at work. Haven't had problems, but I didn't install it on a 'live" system.
Ive also slipstreamed SP2 into Server 2003 using NLite. No problems there either.
Hope this helps.

Bozo :joker: