XP Picture and Fax Viewer

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
Is there any way to get this on Windows 2000?
I often have to view photos but not edit them and waiting for the gimp to load is annoying. So I'm looking for a free viewer that would load as quickly as this XP built-in app.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Man, I HATE the XP picture viewer. I own ACDSee, and I like it much better.
ACDSee is non-free, and versions after 3.x suck progressively more, but there's a similar program that works just as well: IrfanView.

It's a much more flexible program, capable of doing a lot of things XP's viewer can't.

Piyono

Storage is cool
sechs said:
Something wrong with using your favourite browser?

Depends on your requirements, no?

My requirements, for example include the storage, management and display of some 27,000 digital photographs. As I'm a creature of habit I use sucky, bloated ACDSee 6 (although it does have a lot of handy dings and fhweeeets), but I also enjoy using IrfanView and more recently FireGraphic 6. Both are excelllent, fast image viewers, although Irfanview doesn't have any database/cataloging facilities.

Coupled with a file renamer like Flash Renamer you can manage and view a huge number of pictures with a whole lot of no trouble.

Piyono

JKKJ

Learning Storage Performance
I find Irfanview's UI to be really very good if I use the keyboard shortcuts. numeric + and - for zoom, enter for full screen, r for rotate, ctrl r for resize, t for directory thumbnails, etc, etc.

It's much faster for me than the XP viewer. And it's free. And it's not from Redmond.

I don't know how I would even begin to think about 27,000 images though...