XP SP2 in 2004

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Been away on vacation for a vew weeks, and I haven't seen a computer in that time, so this might already have surfaced somewhere here. But if it hasn't, according to this we won't see SP2 until next year:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

I was hoping to get SP2 with a fix for slow logins when using XP workstations and W2k domain controllers... :(

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I take it you use W2k, Pradeep, or is it W-2003? What OS runs on your "hawk-eye" monitor? Do you use Clear-Type? How good is the Hawk-eye LCD without Clear-Type?

Aah, questions, questions!

TIA

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I use 2003 Server on the desktop machine, it runs ClearType on the 2000FP.

On the laptop I do use XP Pro, mostly because it does seem to have better Firewire functionality, and it came with it. And performance is crap with the P4 1.6GHz anyway. Because its 133DPI on the lappie, I tend to turn ClearType off, it just makes things too blurry IMHO. But I'll prob see if it can take 2003 Server as well. Either that or use "downgrade" rights to upgrade to win2k. I tend to use the laptop as an email and IM machine when at home so the 2000FP gets more use (and saves my eyes for the WUXGA screens to come).