Yahoo and Spyware

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Yahoo! accused of hosting thousands of phishing sites. Anti-spam group Spamhaus says Yahoo! won't take them down...

Yahoo Users Get Phished. Attackers use sophisticated new methods to tap users' IDs and passwords. A new phishing method is targeting Yahoo users by recording their user name and password while logging them into a legitimate area of the portal, according to Websense, a Web security software firm.

Handruin

Administrator
Yahoo is beginning to piss me off now. First, their damn IM client (which we need to use at work) constantly bugs me to upgrade. If there is a way to disable that, I'm all ears.

Next, I upgrade my stupid acrobat reader to version 7...they default to adding the damn yahoo toolbar when you select the individual components, hoping you don't notice...oh, I notice you pesky bastards.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
All IM software is evil. Evil I tell you!
Doesn't Yahoo have an equivalent to AIM Express?

AIM is easily the most evil of all IM clients, but AIMexpress runs through a browser and can't do a damned thing but chat. No addons. No downloads. No voice or video chat. I am in no way saying anything positive about IM software, but something like that is surely a lesser evil.

Handruin

Administrator
I could use trillian, but the native yahoo client features are lost for some of the things people like to do. I haven't yet looked for an express-equivalent, but it'll be worth a look now that they bug me for upgrades. Thanks for the idea.