YaTF

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
When I used to work repairing taximeters the part of my job that I hated the most was talking to customers on the phone. Besides the fact that most of them had an IQ lower than the room temperature they just weren't pleasant people to talk to(who is when something breaks?). Sometimes I would spend an hour trying to talk a customer through programming a meter because that's what my boss wanted. Almost invariably, I would give up in disgust, and just them them to send it in for repair. Another thing I used to hate was having my work interrupted to answer a call from a customer who was telling me he/she was sending in a meter for repair. Frankly, who cares? By the time it got here I wouldn't remember the call anyway so exactly what was the point of calling in the first place. They weren't going to get moved to the front of the repair line unless my boss told me to do so. When you're repairing 40 to 100 meters a week you just don't remember any individual customer.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
Yet Another Technician Funny.

What's sad is, my co-workers actually do this (I don't answer the phone. Ever).

Yeah, that's sad. I have one that does too. I think the scenario would be more accurate if toward the end of the conversation the Tech hit the mute button twice so that it's unmuted when he thinks it's muted and vise-versa.