Like the new upgrade...

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
The new icons are much better. My only complaint now is that some of the overlays aren't self-obviating in meaning.

Handruin

Administrator
The new icons are much better. My only complaint now is that some of the overlays aren't self-obviating in meaning.

Are there specific overlays you can tell me about that still confuse you and I'll try to think of ways to make them more self-descriptive?

Handruin

Administrator
Icons have been updated again. I've removed the green "plus" symbol and also made the new and hot thread icons the same, so there will no longer be a distinction there. That means the only time you'll see a blue-colored icon is when there is a new post. Any other time and it'll be a blackish gray color. Let me know your thoughts.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
The arrow in green isn't clear, although I was able to figure it out after a while. I have no idea with the little "do not enter" means, nor either of the icons with the yellow arrow.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I kept an open mind at first and gave it a chance before saying anything but the tweaking has made a good difference.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Is the folded page icon at the start of each post supposed to be different coloured when "new?"

Handruin

Administrator
On my main monitor (and with my eyes), it's difficult to tell. Is it possible to make that darker or change the color all together?

I tried, but my skills with photoshop are not so good. They provide me with two PSD files. One in grayscale which represents the "old post" and one in RGB that's rendered with a faint blue color which represents "new posts"...but this PSD file isn't layered and already rendered with the color in it. If you are able to alter the "new posts" PSD file, I can attach a copy for you (or others) to play with. I'll keep looking for a way to adjust it, but the way they provided it in the graphics SDK, it's not the easiest thing to change a color on and have it look reasonable.

Attachments

• post_old.psd
    22 KB · Views: 5
  • post_new.psd
    24.9 KB · Views: 5