Critical AAA info for gasoline car owners

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
See the news video in the link below. Due to the drought, corn crops in the Midwest were devastated. There is now not enough feed for livestock, so the livestock was sold off this fall. The corn that is left has been mandated to be made into ethanol to be added to gas for motor vehicles. The EPA has mandated this change in fuel and if you use this fuel, it will void the warranty on cars built prior to 2012. This new fuel is very corrosive and will eat through the fuel lines and the gas tank of your car.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2000862202001/

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Appears that it will be clearly marked as E15, so no real problem. Many cars go back much further than 2012 but are generally marked as such with flex fuel. I don't think it will be a problem in almost everyones area, will take a long time for stations to change their pumps over.

ddrueding

Fixture
The only stuff I put in my tank is marked "92". Unless they change the formulation in that I'll be safe. But thanks for the information! I had no idea they were going to be trying this.

Still ridiculous that they didn't wave the ethanol requirement in the middle of a massive drought.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Appears that it will be clearly marked as E15, so no real problem. Many cars go back much further than 2012 but are generally marked as such with flex fuel. I don't think it will be a problem in almost everyones area, will take a long time for stations to change their pumps over.

Yup, just watch out for this sign:

EPA_E15_warning_label.jpg