LG sale on batteries and cradles

ddrueding

Fixture
Thanks for that. One of the downsides of having the wireless charger built into my car holder, work desk, and bedside table is that the phone is nearly always at 100%. I'm sure this isn't good for the chemistry.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Thanks for that. One of the downsides of having the wireless charger built into my car holder, work desk, and bedside table is that the phone is nearly always at 100%. I'm sure this isn't good for the chemistry.

I'm swapping batteries about every two months so they should last about three years. Are you really expecting to use a phone even two years? :D I thought your company paid for all that stuff anyway.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'm swapping batteries about every two months so they should last about three years. Are you really expecting to use a phone even two years? :D I thought your company paid for all that stuff anyway.

Every once in a while I find myself on the road and on the phone hours at a time. Because of this I keep at least one spare fully charged at the locations and vehicles I use. And yes, the company pays for all of it.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have an extra phone battery in my laptop bag, another in my car and a third in my jacket pocket. It's unusual for me to use even 50% of a charge during a typical work day, but if I need an extra, I *really* need an extra. The LG charging cradles double as external batteries as well, which makes them fantastic for all sorts of things.

Handruin

Administrator
I have an extra phone battery in my laptop bag, another in my car and a third in my jacket pocket. It's unusual for me to use even 50% of a charge during a typical work day, but if I need an extra, I *really* need an extra. The LG charging cradles double as external batteries as well, which makes them fantastic for all sorts of things.

I didn't know that. What cable do you use?

Wait, what?? I didn't know the charging cradle works as a portable battery pack.

LunarMist

Are you using a double ended male or something else to connect.

LunarMist

I usually swap the two batteries every 2-3 months. After needing the second battery I noticed the first did not fit as well or charge the Qi

LunarMist

I think there was a mechanical issue with the bulge affecting the Qi back contacts.

LunarMist

Maybe there is excess gas. I probably shouldn't try to release it.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
SD, stop baiting him, bad boy!

Lunar, don't mess with the battery, it could explode. Dispose of it properly.

Handruin

Administrator
I debated replying to the original bulging battery post to suggest soaking it in water because it reduces swelling but...Li and H2O make for some interesting chemistry.

LunarMist

I can drain the charge with the phone LED and then dispose the battery. I purchased a new phone recently and have to buy another one in February, so I was not planning on a third phone so soon. :(

It may be time to revisit phones without batteries like the Samsung Galactic.

Handruin

Administrator
Why would you need a new phone because of a damaged/failed replaceable battery? Just get a new battery and move on.

If you want a new phone, there should be a few new ones coming out in the next several months like the LG G6 or eventually the Galaxy 8.

ddrueding

Fixture
Switching to phones where you can't replace the battery because you've been having issues with the batteries seems extremely counterproductive.

LunarMist

Well I have one battery in the phone and no spare to swap at night, so it's like having no removable battery. ;)

Handruin

Administrator
So...why can't you just get another battery rather than replace the entire phone?

LunarMist

LG does not have them. How can I find genuine batteries with a high level of certainty? I'm wondering if the expanding battery was the original or the second one. I see many negative Amazonian reviews of the generic batteries and claims of counterfeits for the supposed OEM batteries. If the major phone companies like Samsung or the cell providers don't sell batteries, the desirability of having replaceable batteries is substantially diminished.

At least the one battery is still good and has only been used about half of the time.

ddrueding

Fixture
If I want high certainty for an OEM battery I order directly from Verizon. Though to be honest I don't think the quality of the "OEM" batteries is that much better than the crap generics...

LunarMist

All G4 carriers are the same? I see out of stock everywhere, but will keep an eye out for stock.

The Samsung J700 model is specific to the tmobile, but mainly used domestically where power is not an issue.