Something Random

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
Finally able to play the PC copy of Shadow of Mordor I paid for back in August. At first I needed a better video card, now I just need better internet so I'm not waiting weeks straight for multi-gigabyte downloads to finish. :roll: Framerates at a mix of high and ultra settings at 1920x1200, like most newer games for me, hover between 50 and 60. Good enough for me. I had bought the PS3 version back in mid-2015 because my cousin had the PS4 version back when it came out, and I expected the same thing only with less graphical fidelity, only to be greeted with a loading screen every time I wanted to get into the menu. I suppose it's a miracle they even managed to cram the game at all onto a 7th gen console with pre-unified shader nvidia hardware and 256MB each of system and video RAM. It's telling that there was no Xbox 360 version. But still, the game was what I'd call unplayable.

Now that I have hardware suitable for it it's actually rather nice to play modern games.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Finally able to play the PC copy of Shadow of Mordor I paid for back in August. At first I needed a better video card, now I just need better internet so I'm not waiting weeks straight for multi-gigabyte downloads to finish. :roll: Framerates at a mix of high and ultra settings at 1920x1200, like most newer games for me, hover between 50 and 60. Good enough for me. I had bought the PS3 version back in mid-2015 because my cousin had the PS4 version back when it came out, and I expected the same thing only with less graphical fidelity, only to be greeted with a loading screen every time I wanted to get into the menu. I suppose it's a miracle they even managed to cram the game at all onto a 7th gen console with pre-unified shader nvidia hardware and 256MB each of system and video RAM. It's telling that there was no Xbox 360 version. But still, the game was what I'd call unplayable.

Now that I have hardware suitable for it it's actually rather nice to play modern games.

Otherwise, how is it going at school?

LunarMist

Are you watching the Open? It's on so late here that most viewers are unconscious. ;)

LunarMist

The Korean kid crapped out, quitting in the second set. There was some groaning from the audience, but not much grunting to speak of.

LunarMist

Is anyone going to the Winter Games?
I
Still
Think the Koreans may be after me.

Stereodude

Not really a
No, I'm not going. Why are the North Koreans after you? Something about the late night incursion ops you were running under the cover of darkness into the country?

LunarMist

For me it started with the Canadian Koreans not the Northern Koreans. The price of tickets is high so I'm not going.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
:cheers: 20. Just amazing.

We saw some of his semifinal against Marin Čilić.

Didn't see the final, but no question he deserved his twentieth. Can't think of any other male who has dominated such an athletic sport for so long. Very nearly the oldest Grand Slam winner of all time, only pipped by Ken Rosewall back in 1972 at the age of 37. And with all deference to Ken (whom I idolized as a little kid - I even had one of his signature racquets), his level of athleticism was nowhere near Roger's.

At 36 and six months, Roger Federer is still number two in the world. He was almost number one yet again in 2017, save for his withdrawal from the Cinnicannti Masters to try to rest before the US Open. That's after massive downtime in 2016 including knee surgery and ultimately having to take six months off after a re-occurrence.

He has also been voted by his peers to receive the tour Sportsmanship Award a record thirteen times. That attitude in particular is what makes Roger Federer the ultimate sporting hero.

LunarMist

Didn't see the final, but no question he deserved his twentieth. Can't think of any other male who has dominated such an athletic sport for so long. Very nearly the oldest Grand Slam winner of all time, only pipped by Ken Rosewall back in 1972 at the age of 37. And with all deference to Ken (whom I idolized as a little kid - I even had one of his signature racquets), his level of athleticism was nowhere near Roger's.

At 36 and six months, Roger Federer is still number two in the world. He was almost number one yet again in 2017, save for his withdrawal from the Cinnicannti Masters to try to rest before the US Open. That's after massive downtime in 2016 including knee surgery and ultimately having to take six months off after a re-occurrence.

He has also been voted by his peers to receive the tour Sportsmanship Award a record thirteen times. That attitude in particular is what makes Roger Federer the ultimate sporting hero.

Well, the final was against Cilic. ;)
I don't recall that we had live tennis from Australia back in the 60s or very early 70s. Newcombe was the first guy from Australia I recall seeing and of course I knew who Laver was.

LunarMist

When it rains it floods. :(

Main computer won't boot. Secondary computer won't connect to the internet.
NUC fell behind main computer and then I cut my head on an old bracket under the table.

LunarMist

When it rains it floods. :(

Main computer won't boot. Secondary computer won't connect to the internet.
NUC fell behind main computer and then I cut my head on an old bracket under the table.

The BIOS is utterly crap.

LunarMist

I tried reinstatement, but it still won't hold a load. It works manually, which is a pain.

LunarMist

At least I don't have non-metastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer. :roll:

LunarMist

Now he is #1 at 36 years, 195 days. :D

LunarMist

The Alzenheimers is just terrible. I hate to say it, but at what point is death preferable? :(