«NEWS» Matrox P-750 & P-650 Graphics Adaptors

Explorer

Learning Storage Performance

• Matrox Millennium P650 and Millennium P750 deliver next-generation advancements [list:eb6f527fa6]

...Equipped with 64MB of DDR memory and an AGP 8x interface, the Millennium P-Series features professional-level multi-display technologies such as improved DualHead and standard dual-DVI outputs with dual-display gamma correction, dual independent, gamma correctable video overlay support and adjustable proc-amp settings for both the video window and TV*.

While both boards offer crystal clear, fully-symmetric RGB outputs at resolutions up to 1920x1440, and offer superior dual-DVI outputs at resolutions up to 1600x1200 per display, the Millennium P750 additionally features unique-to-Matrox Dual-display plus TV output support and TripleHead output.

The Millennium P-Series has been designed to provide real-world benefits for corporate users, non-linear editing (NLE) professionals, AEC & entry-level MCAD professionals and home entertainment enthusiasts...

http://www.matrox.com/mga/archive_story/apr2003/mill_pseries.cfm

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_pseries/p750.cfm

[/list:u:eb6f527fa6]

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
About damn time. Now the G550 will finally drop to a reasonable price. I hope.

No note on a video-in model. Hopefully Matrox will continue its pro video-editing line and perhaps release another rainbow-runner for enthusiasts.

Explorer

Learning Storage Performance
Mercutio said:
...No note on a video-in model. Hopefully Matrox will continue its pro video-editing line and perhaps release another rainbow-runner for enthusiasts.

Well, I'm 98.9% sure that Matrox will never again mess with Rainbow Runner type options (entry-level TV video I/O, recording via snap-on daughter card).

On the other hand, their semi-pro / pro video efforts -- with the X.10, X.100, et cetera -- are doing very well to say the least. That's definitely not going away. Some have even said that their successes in semi-pro / pro video during the past year or two have caused them to lose focus of their standard video card efforts. Fortunately, they've come back and updated their 2-D line of graphics adaptors using what is basically a video processor architected around a stripped-down Parhelia core. The result is the P- series graphics adaptors.