6 SSD test

time

Storage? I am Storage!
As a follow-up, Corsair Force 3 vs Corsair Force GT.

As an aside, the Anvil benchmark tool looks interesting.

Cost is a deal-breaker with many of these SSDs. And rather than yet more Sandforce models, I'd prefer something stable that I don't need to upgrade in situ.

But the better ones do look promising, particularly the improved performance with incompressible data.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I love my 80 GB X25-M G2, and am thinking about my next SSD. I'd prefer something around 120 GB, but reviews typically focus on the large (e.g 240 GB) drives, and I've seen/heard how smaller versions tend to perform worse than larger drives. If anybody knows how to "convert" performance results from one of the larger drives to a smaller one, or knows of a review of smaller drives, I'd love to see that.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Larger SSDs perform better because they can access more flash memory chips simultaneously. Unless you want to order flash chips yourself, grab your soldering iron and reflash the controller's firmware, you won't get larger drive performance from a smaller drive.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Some more so than others. The Sandstorm drives are pretty much the same at low capacities vs. high capacities.